Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My new wig

So I bought some new hair today. I start chemo on Monday and my hair should begin to fall out about 14 days later. Being that I don't know how I will feel then, I thought, in preparation I should buy a nice wig now, since I am feeling ok. So my good friend Drea and my 5 year old went with me to LA to find some nice hair.

The top picture is me who my real hear and he bottom picture is my new hair. Thank you to all my friends who contributed to the real hair wig. It even has a natural looking scalp which will allow me to part it in different ways. And since its real human hair it can be curled, flat ironed, and blow dried. It might just be nicer than my natural hair.

Now my thought right now is, when my hair starts to fall out, I'm going to shave it. I want to invite my high school girl friends over (and/or whoever wants to come), open a bottle of wine, (or maybe a couple of bottles)  order some pizza and shave my head. I want to have control over my hair, not the cancer or chemo. It will probably be short notice, but if you would like to be there for my scalp liberation, let me know.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anise-
Your new hair looks beautiful! Wish I could be there for your hair shaving party...Lisa:)

Angela said...

That's some nice hair!

Anonymous said...

Wow your wig looks great. I had to read twice to determine which on was the wig. So natural looking

Mama Salama said...

i love it. it looks great and i am glad you picked what you wanted. i'll be there for the shave and i already picked out my favorite bottle of wine to bring.

CC said...

You look fantastic with the new hair! It's amazing how well they can make wigs. I donated my hair a few years ago so It's cool to see what the real hair wigs actually look like.

Also, if you are feeling up to it, we are going shopping for the MOW gift baskets for SW month. You have always come with us before so we wanted to invite you to come if you feel up to it. If you don't, no worries, we know you will be there with us in spirit. C.C.