Thursday, March 10, 2011

How I found my lump

Ok, so I have gotten a lot of questions regarding how I found the lump and what it felt like. So this is just my experience I am not offering medical advise.

So I found the lump during a routine self breast examine, since my moms diagnosis I check monthly. I found it in the shower, she re-checked lying down. It was a large feeling lump, so honestly breast cancer did not cross my mind. I waited 2 weeks to see if I noticed any changes, and when it seemed the same I contacted my doctor.

Like I mentioned, it felt large, like a golf ball size, and actually felt like a golf ball, kind of hard and textured like a golf ball. Like I said it felt large, but pathology came back 2.2 cm on the larger lump. I never noticed the lump when of was smaller, but was told that is common. Also, I found the lump on my smaller breast, ladies I'm sure you understand one is always smaller, and my surgeon mentioned that she has noticed that as well, so pay extra attention on the little lady.

But please check regularly, I checked often and still these slipped by. Trust me, I know its a terrifying thought, but we can find it and kill it!

Happy thoughts! Good night to all, I really do appreciate all the comments, email, and text, they really keep my spirits up! Love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anise, thank you so much for this advice. It is so easy to forget yet so import to do the self exams. I think about you all day and I am so impressed by how you keep on moving forward, adjusting to your "new normal". You have your moments, but you continue to move forward and that is inspiring. My girls and I pray for you and your girls every night. Hugs and kisses, Mary Ann