Sunday, March 27, 2011

Twas the day before chemo...

When all through the park, little girls were having fun, it filled this mommy's heart.

But of course there were tantrums and whining, but it wouldn't be Disneyland without that. I surprised my girls this morning with a trip to Disneyland. I have taken them every year on their birthdays since they were one. I don't know how I'll be feeling this year, so we celebrated both birthdays today. Each girl got to pick a new pin and they each got new mickey ears. The girls even got to see their favorite princesses, Belle, Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, and Snow White.

We didn't stay too late, we got home before 5, then headed to church. My port has been bothering me, and after church I was talking to an old friend who felt compelled to place her hands over my port and asked he Lord to remind me of His presence with me always, anytime I feel my port, I am now reminded of God's love and power.

So tomorrow, day 1 of chemo. For those that I had told, I was mistaken about the time. I have my doctor's appointment at 10 am and chemo at 11am.




1 comment:

Vicky said...

Anise, I have read your whole blog and am amazed at your strength and honesty. You are my hero. I have my work boots on and my jackhammer starter rip cord in hand...lets do this! I want to share with you 3 sites I download every Sunday for a daily playlist. One is called pray-as-you-go, then the daily Mass readings and finally a rosary cast. I like to mix them with some praise and worhsip music and put them on my iphone/ipod as I get on the treadmill and throughout the day to help me "pray unceasing". The Pray-as-you-go site also has a great end of the day review that I listen to at night; along with some breathing and relaxation mp3s. I hope they bring you peace and faith. Mother Theresa said fear and faith can not be in the same place. Praying your faith kicks fear out! Much love, Vicky

http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/
http://www.usccb.org/nab/
http://catholicipod.stblogs.com/category/rosary/