Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A child's strength

So I went to work today and it was very supportive and therapeutic. The last day i worked, which was 1 week ago, I was ok, I was normal, and it felt good to be in a familiar environment, which is weird when you think about the fact that I work in the hospital where I am being treated. But it was good. it was a good day.

I also told the kids today. My 5 year old asked me why i was having surgery on Friday, she is very observant and aware. So i got down to her level and told her "you know how grandma had breast cancer, now mommy has it, and on Friday they will cut off mommy's boppy," (that is what we call breast, because of the boppy pillow used during breastfeeding). Her reply was "will your hair fall off too," I told her yes, and she then asked, "since you helped grandma pick out a wig, do I get to help you?" My sweet girl.

But they are doing ok, all three kids. They see my mom doing well, so they are not afraid of this road ahead. So why should I be?

1 comment:

Lourdes said...

Sweet, sweet girl... I loved Christian Bale's Oscar acceptance speech- he said his daughter has taught him more that he can ever teach her... I think this is true of all our children.

Our prayers are with you dear friend. Your strength and positivity are amazing and will carry you through...

Hugs and kisses to you, the kids, and your familia.