Sunday, March 6, 2011

So what did you do this weekend? I had a mastectomy.

Still totally shocking to say that. I am home and getting ready for bed. And its home and it is normal but honestly, I am having a difficult time understanding what that means now. I still get frustrated with the girls, and upset with the mess, but I think, should that matter, shouldn't I be happy enough just to be home. It goes back to that, I feel normal, I feel the same, but I think differently, I'm trying to learn and accept what is my path and trying to remember who I am. I know I'm rambling, I did just take my pain meds and some anti-anxiety pills so forgive me. I'm just constantly trying to process and understand, but I feel good, I feel strong. Good night I have much more to write tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mama Salama said...

Anis - it's totally normal to still feel your frustrations about the kids or the mess. it's just how we are and how we react. But, just try to let it go and don't think about the little things now. Enjoy your family and focus on healing. Even if you clean the mess, it will be messy again in 10 minutes. i am always trailing my kids picking up after them and my father in law always says, sit down relax, the moment you put a toy away, they will pull out another. i look forward to what you will write today. call me if you get bored and want to chat. i am home with the sick kids today.

Anonymous said...

I believe that is the beauty of children they always pull us into the immediate and get us out of our head. Sometimes that is so badly needed.