Tuesday, March 1, 2011

and so it goes

So I met with my surgeon today, she seems great. She said that she feels that she can remove both tumors first then I will begin chemo once I have recovered. So I am scheduled for a mastectomy on Friday, yes this Friday. They will remove my left breast at this time. I will then have genetic testing done to see if I carry the breast cancer gene, if I do, I will then I the right breast removed.

I know this is a lot, very very quickly, but my surgeon reminded me that this year the hospital where I am recieving treatment became an accredited Breast Cancer Center, which is great news. And of course being that I work there is also proving very helpful :)

I'm doing ok today although my surgeon did prescribe me anti-anxiety meds to help me sleep and to help with the panic attacks I have been having at night.

I plan on going into work tomorrow and trying to have a somewhat normal day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anise you are an amazing courageous woman!!!! I am so honored to know you. My aunt received her cancer treatment through Kaiser B.Park and City of Hope combo. They did wonders for her when her other doctors had failed. She beat her cancer as I know you will too. I am rooting for you and I am completely here for you also. Love you, Jess