Monday, September 26, 2011

Me, a natural, not a pretty sight

So this is the me I see everyday. I kinda look like a balding man with no eyebrows. I don't even remember what it was like to have hair, I don't remember what I was like before cancer. What were my fears? My goals? How nice it was to not have to worry about dying. I'm not trying to sound morbid or depressed, but I took for granted my youth and health. And I feel like that Mumford and Son's song that I really like, it says "death is at your door step, and it will take your innocence but it will not steal your substance. " Now I realize the death was not at my doorstep, but it did enter my line in sight. And it took my innocence, but not my substance. And I will figure out who I am now. What I know is that I am a mother and a survivor.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said! We will always see your beauty and your good character!

torrie said...

You ARE beautiful Anise.

... a beautiful SURVIVOR =).