Monday, April 4, 2011

Talking to the wall

So yea me I'm feeling good, and I don't like to write a lot about my husband, but it's like talking to a wall. I tried to talk to him about my doctor's appointment and the problems they had trying to get my blood, and literally, as I am talking he starts talking to the kids about something else. I don't think he heard anything I had to say. Now I try not to bombard him with too much information, or really anything negative, but this was good news, it was a good visit, and he ignored what I was saying.

Now I know this is a lot for him, we never thought I would get sick, let alone have cancer. I do better with stress and illness, and sad to say, but we always assumed I would take care of him someday, so I understand that this is more than he ever expected to handle, but he can't just check out. I am stressed all the time, I worry all the time, I think about cancer 95% of my day, and I keep going because I have to. He can a least pretend to listen the few times I try to talk to him about it.

No comments: