Friday, April 8, 2011

My pen pal

So, I have mentioned before this site that has helped me called her2support.org, well through there I met a women who has been a great support and friend. She is about 8 months ahead of me treatment wise, she just finished her last radiation. She has 3 daughters ages 4, 6, and 9, so you can see where she has been able to provide support. Our cancers are similar, although mine is a bit more aggressive, and likewise our treatments. She too describes her husband as "an ostrich" sticking his head in the sand when he can not deal. And although I so very much appreciate all of the support I receive from family and friends, it kind of nice to have this semi anonymous friend who has walked in my shoes.

And on the note of my fabulous family and friends, I need to acknowledge and recognize my brother and sister-in-law who have taken my girls every friday night since before chemo, my sister who takes off every Wednesday so that my little one can continue with gymboree, my parents who house my the week of chemo, and my husband who took me out to dinner tonight.

And all of my wonderful friends, get you scissors and wine  ready because my hair is due to fall out sometime next week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where does your pen pal live? Wouldn't it be nice to meet her after you both are all done with treatment and are survivors!