Thursday, September 1, 2011

Some time after midnight

So it's late and it was a chemo Wednesday (yea, after only 1 left!). And I'm exhausted, but my mind won't stop! I have taken 2 anti anxiety pills and still no rest for my wondering mind. I am now equally excited and terrified to stop the chemo. All of a sudden I have soreness and pains throughout my body, my foot, my ankle, my knee, and my armpit, my neck... the list goes on and on. And I think it is all in my head because it only last a moment, but my thoughts can't stop and I'm so tired and I have to get up early tomorrow to take the kids to school... Oh, and and those darn hot flashes, still driving me crazy. I have tried to meditate but it just makes me anxious right now, I've tried praying, and kind of help, but I'm still awake!


2 comments:

torrie said...

Try accepting it. Accepting that you're up... getting up, laying on the couch, maybe getting a warm drink (for comfort, a blanket, and reading a book- a book that will bring you peace and hold your interest in spite of the wandering mind and the anxiety.

(This worked for me. When I stopped fighting it, and just told myself IT'S OKAY, it gradually got better.)

Mama Salama said...

Anise, next time you are up and anxious, call me. it doesn't matter what time. And what Torrie said is good. Read a book or watch a movie. Anything to distract yourself. You have to keep fighting and stay strong. You've accomplished so much and you are almost to the finish line. You are in full control. I will call you later today.