Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ok, I'm ready to talk

So, we did it. Me along with a dozen friends and family members chopped off my hair first, then shaved off the rest. It was unbelievably emotional. Thank you to my friend Drea who was talking me through the whole thing. As hard as it was, I can not express how much I appreciated everyone being there. The kids were all there and did really well. The 2 older ones, a friend, and my 3 y/o niece even helped with the cutting. Actually, I think everyone there took a turn at being a hair dresser. FYI they learned it's harder than it appears.
So now I am alone. I took a shower and it was strange, the sound the water makes when it hits your scalp and not your hair, and how cold your head gets in the shower when the water is not hitting it. When I came out, despite having taken anxiety medication and not having my glasses on, my reflection made me have a panic attack. I broke down crying and was not able to breath. Keep in mind, I am literally blind without glasses, but not seeing anything on my head, I could not deal. So I cried, and cried, still kind of crying now, but what can I do. Fortunately my wig looks really good. Tomorrow is another day, so I am going to try to get some sleep. My 5 y/o and I are planning on working on her birthday party invites tomorrow, proving that life goes on.
BTW my husband had to work tonight, hence me being alone right now. He knows I shaved my head, but we could use overtime money, once again proving life goes on.


No comments: