Monday, August 29, 2011

Tired and a little sad

I think with my hectic week last week and the difficulty I am having sleeping due to those darn hot flashes, I have been feeling really tired, and a little down. I think part of it might also have to due with the fact that I only have 2 chemos left. The I know it sounds weird, but with the chemo I feel like I'm actively fighting the cancer, and I know the radiation will also do that, but then what, my body will be left on its own to fight... That's a scary thought for me, and probably for anyone who has ever had cancer. So I've kinda been feeling drained, physically and emotionally. I could use a nap, but my husband is out of town for a work thing, so it's just me all week... Early bedtime for all!

A mom update, with each craziness of last week I forgot to mention that my mom started her reconstruction last week! Last Wednesday, while I was at chemo she was having expanders put in. I think she will go in weekly for 4-6 months to have them slowly filled until her body is ready for implants. Like I have mentioned , its more that just a boob job because there is no breast tissue and so much skin was removed. But she is very excited to have the process started.

No comments: