Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"moon face"

Part of my chemo regime includes getting iv steroids to help with side effects from chemo, and I am grateful because I feel great, but there are some side effects that are driving me crazy, but like the weight gain, no matter what I do, I am gaining weight, and along with that comes moon face... a side effect where my face swells, and I guess as I am researching, I am learning that it is a common side effect of the steroids I am on. But it's bad enough to be bald, but bald with moon face is awful, I mean I have never had a thin face, but I now have like 4 chins... I guess the good thing is that, like everything else, it's only temporary. I am also having a hard time sleeping, but I do have a lot more energy.


1 comment:

Mama Salama said...

you still look great. i love the hat. good luck tomorrow. call me back when you are free.