Thursday, July 21, 2011

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer


As some of you know, last year to celebrate my mom's completion of treatment, my mom, sister, sister-in-law and I all participated as crew for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, a 2 day event in Santa Barbara. I was so moved by the event that Ii signed up to participate in this year’s event before the weekend was over. Little did I know that only a few months later I would be diagnosed with breast cancer. I was not sure if I would be able to participate due to my treatments, but I feel great, so I have decided to follow through with my commitment and crew again. I have been in touch with the volunteer director and she is aware of my treatment and is more than willing to accommodate any needs I may have. I am very excited to be able to once again help such a great cause, and as I realize now more than ever how important research is in finding a cure and preventative medicine to stop this disease before it begins.

So now comes my plea, I have set a fundraising goal of $1000, but will take whatever I can get. Please visit my fundraising page by clicking here and please forward either this blog or the link to anyone you know that may want to donate.

Thank You!!!

visit my youtube

No comments: