Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hot flashes

Really, I how many 33 year olds can say they have been through menopause twice? I can! First time about 10 years ago when I was diagnosed with endometriosis, I was but on medication that put me into menopause for about 6 months. It was bad because it was instant. I went from being a normal 22 year old, to having no hormone production.

At least this time it has been more slowly, more like "natural" menopause. It's a side effect of the chemo. And since I will have my ovaries removed at the end of treatment, this will be my last bought with menopause. So now I'm in the heart of it, with nightly hot flashes that start in the core of your spine and heat you through. At least I have no hair this time, it keeps me a little cooler. Oh well, and at least I'm not nauseous all the time...

No comments: