Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby picture

My mom told me today that while sorting through old pictures she found a picture of me when I was about 4 months old. She said it made her sad because my chest was exposed and you could see my nipples. And she thought, how could we have known so long ago that one day I would lose my breast to cancer. That innocent picture of a happy baby. And I get it. I look at my girls chest with fear all the time. And although I have so much hope for the future and what medicine has in store, I will always be a little fearful. And as I sit here writing this I am watching my girls sleep, so peacefully. And I cry, because I am still terrified. And I feel that is I hold them close to me, my body will remember what it is fighting for, they are still babies, my babies, and they need me. Me!



No comments: