Sunday, May 1, 2011

My dad's big 6-0



So it went great, bu let me start a year ago, when my dad turned 60, our plan was always to have a big 60th birthday party, but when my mom was diagnosed last year, we decided to postpone the party, so as early as January I began the party plans, then come late February, and I get diagnosed. My family toyed with the idea of canceling the party, but we decided to throw it anyway. and tonight we pulled it off. Without any compromises, just as I had envisioned it! Lots of foods, a giant cake, candy bar, 2 bands, photographer, a massage therapist, unlimited drinks, excellent outdoor lighting, and most important, lots of family and friends! I think every idea that had ever crossed my dad's mind for his 60th we were able to achieve. We even got 60 candles on the cake! I will try to add pictures when I get them.

And quite proud of myself, I made most of the food and the cake! amazing how much of a difference a week makes, last Sunday I couldn't stay awake for dinner, and this week I catered a party with 80+ guest. next week I will do as much prep work as I can for my 5 y/o birthday party, which will fall the weekend after chemo, my most difficult week. At least I know this next week should be good, lunch anyone?

1 comment:

torrie said...

Very cool- and impressive! I'm glad it turned out so well... sounds amazing!!