Saturday, May 14, 2011

Six years ago today...

So yes, my baby turned six on Wednesday, but six years ago today I awoke to find the my "milk had come in." My poor baby, I was so engorged I could not feed her, now let me brag a bit, for having one boob gone and another on its way out, during their prime I sure could produce milk. I was like a human cow, producing ounces of milk!

So back to 6 years ago, I woke up with my 3 day old baby unable to get her to latch, so off to Target we went to buy a pump, it was our first trip out, just the 2 of us, I had no idea how to attach her car seat to the shopping cart, so I took the strolled in to discover that now I had no where to put the stuff I was buying, so I balanced the pump on top the the handle of the car seat, then so overwhelmed, I forgot to completely buckle my baby into the car... oops. But it was me and her, and although we had no idea what we were doing, we got by. And I so treasure those times together, just me and her, late night feeding, early mornings, napping whenever, wherever. And yes I had a husband and family around to help, but she was mine.

I love and treasure both my girls, and my little one is my happiness, my silly, my soul, and whatever life has and will throw at me, those little girls are my life, my reason for being born. And as I remember those first days as a mom, (and hear my girls fighting in the background as I type), I am reminded, losing is not an option!

No comments: