Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lots of good news and a little bad

So I'll start with the bad news, I met with my surgeon yesterday in hope of having my drain tubes removed, but it didn't happen. As a reminder, the drain tubes and inside and outside of my body with a "bulb" bag like thing that collects blood and fluid draining from my surgery. They wrap around my chest wall internally, and if a move a certain way, the poke and hurt. And where they come out it an open hole on the side of my body. I have 2 tubes,and they make me miserable. So that's the bad news.

Now the good news, I am healing amazingly well. My surgeon was able to remove the stitches from both the left and right side. He said that he has never been able to remove stitches from a radiated side so quickly. My skin it stretching well so far, and I have nearly no bruising.

Second bit of good news, I got my pathology back from my mastectomy side and it was all clear. Not even 1 pre cancerous cell detected! Just regular, healthy, and breast tissue. Which is exactly what you want. I now have no breast tissue, hopefully removing that risk of breast cancer.

I am still weak, tired, and in pain, but like my surgeon reminded me, that is why I am off work. I'm not supposed to feel better yet. The incisions and manipulation of my body alone will weaken me for weeks, not counting the effect of the anesthesia, I was under over 4 hours... So I guess that's why I still feel so out it.. It's just hard being a mom of 3 remembering that I have to take it slow...

2 comments:

Mama Salama said...

that is awesome news from the doc. and yes please listen and rest - that is why you are home and off work. i need to strap you down!

Anonymous said...

Anise you are my hero and the student has become the master! I wish I had the sense of sacrifice for my kids that you have. It must feel like the longest Lent but I am praying for you and that God will bless you with his strength to hang in there just a little longer...Easter is just around the corner for you! Allelluia. Love, pray and thnk of you much, Vicky