Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Twas the night before surgery, take 6.

So, going in tomorrow at 5:30am for surgery number 6. Nothing too drastic, just removing my tissue expanders and replacing them with actual implants, then removing chemo port. But, I am scared. I don't want to die, I don't want anything to go wrong. My littlest was crying tonight saying, please don't have surgery tomorrow, and it kind of freaked me out. I know she's four, so of course she doesn't want me to go to the hospital, and in her mind surgery means staying over night, but I assured her that I will be home tomorrow afternoon. I just want to be done, and over this whole cancer thing. But I know it will always be a part of me, a part of my life, and I pray every night that my girls don't have the gene, and that regardless of if they do or don't, that we find a cure. Eleven years till my oldest can be tested, 11 years to find that cure!


No comments: